Bibber International




WISA Chairman's Award Winner 2012

Working in Australia - Piggeries Visa Rules Information

Do I need to attend the Orientation Party?

We are your sponsor while you are here in Australia and as such most of the time you are required to attend an orientation period when you arrive. This is separate and quite different to the induction that your employer might offer. Our orientation includes a few days staying at the beach, and visiting some places of interest, and see kangaroos and koalas up close (even to touch!). More importantly we also teach you about the tax requirements, set up a bank account and generally try to make things easier for you when you get here. Many Bibbers in the past have asked us to make the party longer! If you are not prepared to attend the orientation, then it is likely that we will be unable to sponsor you. Please visit our Facebook page and check out the fun!


Can I work at more than one place?

The visa paperwork is for one employer only. There may be circumstances where you would need to change employers, but this is very rare and generally not your decision. You must not leave your employer without telling them, and Bibber. If you leave your specified employer and try to seek work at another employer independent of the exchange program, we may withdraw our sponsorship and you will need to leave Australia. There may be some opportunities after you have finished your first placement, however this must be done in consultation with us.


How long can I have this Visa?

You can have this visa for only 12 months in a lifetime. This 12 months can be split into more than one visit, like 2 x 6 months, or 3 x 4 months, however 12 months is all you can have. You must be under 31 when you make any visa application. Piggery placements are often for the full 12 months.


If I like it in Australia, can I stay longer?

If you would like to keep working for the same employer and they would like you to stay longer, we can see if this will be possible. You will need to apply for a new visa and it is possible to apply for a total of 12 months in Australia on the Bibber visa (including the time you have been here already). An onshore re-application fee of $2,465 applies. Initial visas are issued based on the dates given to us by the employer with a small amount of time to travel afterwards. There are options available for different visas and even a permanent stay if you meet the Immigration criteria. Please contact us if you would like more information.

If you want to stay longer just for a holiday, you will need to apply for a further stay (providing you don’t have a no further stay condition on your visa). This costs about $300 and can be done at any Immigration office. Remember, you cannot be in Australia without a visa!

You will have the time of your life!
Ask someone who has done it!





Follow us on Twitter

Find us on Facebook


Bibber Proudly Supports
Wolrd Vision



Bibber International Pty Ltd      PO Box 146 Glenelg South Australia 5045