Bibber International




WISA Chairman's Award Winner 2012

Working in Australia - Vintage Work Visa Application Information

What is the process after I have applied?

Step 1. If you do not already have a job, we prepare a summary of your application, including a photo (nice smiling photo NOT a passport type photo!) and this info is circulated to potential wineries. If they are interested, they request a copy of your CV and Autobiography. At this stage they may contact you by telephone or email to discuss your application. They will also look at your YouTube video. Wineries love the Youtube videos!

At this time we will also prepare a visa authorisation form and a statement of the services that we will provide and the costs involved, so you know exactly what to expect.  We will email this to you for checking and signing.  This means that there will be no delays in lodging your visa once you have a placement.

Step 2. When your application has been accepted by a winery, they will complete a Placement Agreement which we will send to you. This will outline the tasks you will be doing during your time here and will also provide information about accommodation, and start and ending dates and rates of pay. You will need to review and sign it.

Step 3. Immigration will process the visa here in Australia (allow at least 6-8 weeks for processing sometimes more than 3 months!) and they will issue us with a letter of approval. You can travel with this letter and do not need a label in your passport. Please DO NOT apply for an ETA (Tourist Visa) without discussing it with us first, because you may accidentally cancel your Bibber visa!

Step 4. Your visa is granted and you can travel to Australia! We can only send you your visa grant letter once you have sent your flight details and insurance application form and we have finalised your method of payment. Once you have your visa grant letter you should be able to travel with the letter and your passport.


Can I travel to Australia before my visa is granted?

People from some countries can travel to Australia on an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) (Tourist Visa). Please visit to see if your country is on the list. Please let us know if you intend to travel before your visa is granted, so that we can make sure you are covered by insurance.


Can the visa be granted to match my flight dates?

The visa is granted for a period of months and the visa time starts ticking the day you arrive in Australia. Immigration asks you NOT to make flight bookings until your visa is granted. We understand that is sometimes not practical, however we cannot necessarily get your visa granted just because your flight is leaving soon! You must change your flights to match the visa. If you are going to make flight bookings please make sure that they can be changed without penalty.


Can I contact Immigration about the status of my visa?

No please DO NOT contact Immigration about the status of your visa. They have to process 1000’s of visas and if they have to answer even one email or phone call from each of the visa applicants, it would mean that they would have no time to process any of the visas! If you contact immigration, they will contact us to let us know, so that we can apologize and contact you and ask you to stop. They are doing their best to grant the visas as quickly as they can, and if there are many applications, it sometimes takes longer than we think. Please be patient and don’t make any airline bookings that you cannot change!

backback to top

You will have the time of your life!
Ask someone who has done it!



Vintage Work


Follow us on Twitter

Find us on Facebook


Bibber Proudly Supports
Wolrd Vision



Bibber International Pty Ltd      PO Box 146 Glenelg South Australia 5045