The Esther Knewitz Memorial Scholarship
Applications are invited for the Esther Knewitz Memorial Scholarship. Esther was an Oenology student at Geisenheim University and, while undertaking her practical training in Australia in 2004, was tragically killed in a motor vehicle accident. This scholarship is to honour her memory and provide an opportunity for a student with the same zest for life and community spirit to take part in the Bibber International Winery Exchange Program for vintage 2018. The successful applicant will win:
- employment at a well known German winery
- return airfare
- all visa and insurance fees
- AUD$1000 spending money.
Applicants must have winery experience and be passionate
about a continuing career in the wine industry.
Applicants are required to:
- complete an application form available here.
- submit a updated CV
- submit an autobiography
- submit a statement of approximately 500 words (in English) outlining their achievements, both academic and personal, and how they believe that they will benefit from the experience with respect to personal growth and winemaking skills
- Recommendation letters (If available)
- An interest and any German Language skills will be an advantage
The due date for the applications is Friday 25th May 2018. The winner will be announced on Saturday 9th of June 2018.
||Winemaking Personnel (must be Australian Citizens)
||September -November (approx 10 week duration)
||Friday 25th May 2018
||Anne and Horst Knewitz (Esther's parents)
||Philipp Closheim, Winemaker Reh‐Kendermann
||Sue Caloghiris (Bibber International)
||Saturday 9th June 2018
- A letter from the family of Esther (English)
- A letter from the family of Esther (German)
Please note that applicants that are unsuccessful in winning the scholarship may still be eligible to participate in the Bibber Winery Exchange Program to both Germany and other destinations.